Frontend Developer (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself. In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooters, implementers, and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply now as Frontend Developer (f/m/diverse) and work with a highly performant and modern Frontend. Solve your daily challenges with the latest technologies including VueJs, Vuex, OOP, and RxJS.
As a Frontend Developer (f/m/diverse) you are a key player in delivering value with software, delighting our customers, and achieving our business goals. Valuing innovation, transparency, quality, and pragmatic solutions are your fuel. You are proud of your work and see it as part of the collaborative achievement to which you contribute.
- You'll be developing the face of the first touchpoint to millions of users. Your mission is to bring usability and design at Eurowings to life.
- You'll make sure that everyone can use our portal, by making it accessible and responsive.
- Work closely with our Product and Design colleagues to drive state-of-the-art product presentations to scale.
- Be part of a rock-solid team that makes sure that features are fast developed and deployed on production with zero downtime.
- You'll be in constant exchange with your team and participate in regular team meetings (e.g. Daily Scrum or Sprint Reviews).
- You will write code with which your peers love to work - make sure it is well written and understandable.
- You will find your balance by being pragmatic and by knowing how not to fall into analysis paralysis.
Be extremely structured and know how to:
- Communicate priorities promptly and comprehensively towards your team members.
- On-board new people in your team and assure that s/he gets the right treatment.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience and min. 2 years of experience using front-end frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, or preferably VueJS.
- Your very good understanding and experience with OOP will help you to be successful in this role.
- You have experience in working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- You know how to efficiently collaborate on projects.
- Writing accessible and responsive code is a matter of honor for you.
- You are energized, open-minded, have strong communication skills. Moreover, working outside your comfort zone feels like your natural habit.
- Having knowledge in RxJS and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) would be a huge plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
For the moment we don't partner with recruitment agencies, executive search, and outsourcing companies. We are doing our recruitment exclusively in-house. All candidates' profiles that will be sent directly to us or to our career portal by external providers will be considered as direct applications.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year
- With your discounted company public transport ticket, you arrive relaxed at work
- Discover our company partners (Unitymedia, Urban Sports, health insurance …)
- Enjoy your lunch and pay less with Lunchit.
We believe in the power of proof, be empowered
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in complex projects with a lot of personal responsibility
- Benefit from our wide range of trainings
- Improve your language skills through our online and onsite courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen
- Feel at home in our international team and take part in our events
- Participate directly in the growth of our company as well as the creation of our product used by millions of passengers
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you
- Enjoy coming to our modern office in a central location
- Fruits and drinks are ready for you in the office
Once you submit your application, we will get in touch with you as quickly as possible. We will contact you to arrange an initial telephone interview to get to know you.
Getting to know each other
If you pass the first phone interview, you will be invited to visit us in Cologne. During our Peer and Company fit interviews, you will get to know not only your potential future team, but also people from other teams. You will have the opportunity to introduce yourself, your skills as well as your field through a technical challenge. During these conversations (a Peer interview and a Company fit interview), you will get all the information you want about the position you applied for and our company culture. If the team makes a positive decision, there will be a final interview with the leadership team.
Welcome to Eurowings Digital
Once you have convinced us, you can start straight away as part of the team. Our on-boarding program and dedicated people will support you on your way to your first day in the team but also during your first weeks in the company. Welcome to our team, welcome to Eurowings Digital!