Android Developer (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself. In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers, and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Join Eurowings Digital as an Android Developer (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility for the development of our company!
As an Android Developer (f/m/diverse), you’ll be working on the code behind our Eurowings application used by thousands of users every day. You are the enabler of our customers to use their smartphone to book the next trip, check-in, and modify their bookings right at the fingertips. You are the one who simply implements the best user experience and sets the benchmark for attention to detail. You are energized, open-minded, have strong communication skills but above all, you get things done, iterate fast, and deliver real value to the Eurowings App.
- You see your job in making your team better every day, along with making the company successful - and you are not afraid of taking calculated risks
- You are a product-aware engineer who is responsible and passionate about creating the best user experience
- You like to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
You are extremely structured and know how to:
- Communicate priorities promptly and comprehensively towards your team members
- On-board a new person in your team and assure that he/*she gets the right treatment
- Being effective in team meetings (no matter what kind of working methodology you will be using)
- Communicate progress on your work, related challenges and possible blockers openly to team members
- Write scalable, testable and maintainable code
- Deep understanding of Android SDK and high interest in being up to date with the Android Ecosystem
- Experience with writing, testing (jUnit, Espresso), and releasing mobile code
- Strong expertise in Java and familiar with Kotlin
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs
- Experienced with clean architecture, MVVM or MVP and DI
- Experience in efficiently collaborating on projects
- Experience in working with Git
- We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies but would anticipate an experience with some, combined with a curiosity for others: CI/CD, Firebase, Tracking
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, Jetpack
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Hands-on experience with Azure Pipelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
For the moment we don't partner with recruitment agencies, executive search & outsourcing companies, we are doing our recruitment exclusively in-house. All candidates' profiles that will be sent directly to us or to our career portal by external providers will be considered direct applications.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year
- With your discounted company public transport ticket, you arrive relaxed at work
- Discover our company partners (Unitymedia, Urban Sports, health insurance …)
- Enjoy your lunch and pay less with Lunchit.
We believe in the power of proof, be empowered
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in complex projects with a lot of personal responsibility
- Benefit from our wide range of trainings
- Improve your language skills through our online and onsite courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen
- Feel at home in our international team and take part in our events
- Participate directly in the growth of our company as well as the creation of our product used by millions of passengers
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you
- Enjoy coming to our modern office in a central location
- Fruits and drinks are ready for you in the office
Once you submit your application, we will get in touch with you as quickly as possible. We will contact you to arrange an initial telephone interview to get to know you.
Getting to know each other
If you pass the first phone interview, you will be invited to visit us in Cologne. During our Peer and Company fit interviews, you will get to know not only your potential future team, but also people from other teams. You will have the opportunity to introduce yourself, your skills as well as your field through a technical challenge. During these conversations (a Peer interview and a Company fit interview), you will get all the information you want about the position you applied for and our company culture. If the team makes a positive decision, there will be a final interview with the leadership team.
Welcome to Eurowings Digital
Once you have convinced us, you can start straight away as part of the team. Our on-boarding program and dedicated people will support you on your way to your first day in the team but also during your first weeks in the company. Welcome to our team, welcome to Eurowings Digital!