Data Engineer (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself. In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply now as Data Engineer (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility in our data management.
As Data Engineer (f/m/diverse) you are the keyperson to create deep analytical insights and build algorithms to improve sales and services on our Eurowings Travel Platform. Your activities stretch along the complete data value chain from data import & transformation, to model building and frontend deployment.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of robust data pipelines which back our recommendation systems
- You are the enabler of the data analyst team to give them the power of getting the right data at the right time from the right systems
- You'll be designing and implementing ETL and data processing solutions through our modern cloud stack
- You work closely with our Data Scientists to develop and produce predictive models
- You own your code, decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale ETL processes
- You are in in charge of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining clean and efficient code
- You ensure to deliver towards our stakeholders' needs and make sure we manage growth via scalable and clean solutions
Our Tech Stack: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, R, Python, Scala, Azure Cloud
- Experience in building data models and pipelines as well as strong experience in developing and launching ETL pipelines to transfer data
- Experience in handling structured and unstructured data from different sources
- Experience in developing scripts and tools to enable faster data consumption
- Experience with SQL, cloud platforms, (un)structured data, and programming experience with R, Python or Scala
- Understanding of distributed systems, software development, and agile development
- You love to work with multiple teams in high visibility roles and owning end-to-end data solutions
- You love to define and manage overall schedules and availability of all data sets
- You like to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- University Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark Hive or distributed data processing
- Experience deploying and making available machine learning pipelines via APIs to live systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
For the moment we don't partner with recruitment agencies, executive search & outsourcing companies, we are doing our recruitment exclusively in-house. All candidates' profiles that will be sent directly to us or to our career portal by external providers will be considered direct applications.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year
- With your discounted company public transport ticket, you arrive relaxed at work
- Discover our company partners (Unitymedia, Urban Sports, health insurance …)
- Enjoy your lunch and pay less with Lunchit.
We believe in the power of proof, be empowered
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in complex projects with a lot of personal responsibility
- Benefit from our wide range of trainings
- Improve your language skills through our online and onsite courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen
- Feel at home in our international team and take part in our events
- Participate directly in the growth of our company as well as the creation of our product used by millions of passengers
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you
- Enjoy coming to our modern office in a central location
- Fruits and drinks are ready for you in the office
Once you submit your application, we will get in touch with you as quickly as possible. We will contact you to arrange an initial telephone interview to get to know you.
Getting to know each other
If you pass the first phone interview, you will be invited to visit us in Cologne. During our Peer and Company fit interviews, you will get to know not only your potential future team, but also people from other teams. You will have the opportunity to introduce yourself, your skills as well as your field through a technical challenge. During these conversations (a Peer interview and a Company fit interview), you will get all the information you want about the position you applied for and our company culture. If the team makes a positive decision, there will be a final interview with the leadership team.
Welcome to Eurowings Digital
Once you have convinced us, you can start straight away as part of the team. Our on-boarding program and dedicated people will support you on your way to your first day in the team but also during your first weeks in the company. Welcome to our team, welcome to Eurowings Digital!