UX/UI Designer (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Join Eurowings Digital as UX/UI Designer (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility in providing a meaningful experience to all our customers - in more than 50 countries within Europe and the world.
As a UX/UI Designer (f/m/diverse) you are part of a cross-functional team and work in an agile environment with flat hierarchies. You play a crucial role in your squad team and you are a key person for delivering any designs and UX flows/concepts/improvements. You carry the vision of our design guiding principles and visual language to your squad team and to external agencies. You strive for a consistent visual language in our products, features and design components. You are the voice of our customers and bases his/her design decisions on qualitative/quantitative research data insights.
- Discover: With strong empathy, you uncover problems and needs of our users – you prepare, execute and analyze usability tests, conduct research at airports or in user labs and convert general user feedback from our App Store, Play Store, Usabilla and other sources into problem statements.
- Define: With a strong understanding of design methodologies, you convert problems into opportunities - by creating visual concepts, mock-ups, wireframes, flowcharts and interactive prototypes that make the possible solution for a product or feature tangible.
- Develop: As part of the design team, you initiate, create and control UI components and patterns, in strong collaboration with product teams and other stakeholders.
- Deliver: In close collaboration with our frontend developers, you refine and implement design components in our digital products, with a strong focus on delivering the highest quality possible. By using tools like Zeplin and Frontify, you document components and patterns to enrich our design system over time.
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing at customer-focussed product companies or digital agencies, where you were part of delivering an outstanding user experience.
- You have completed a degree in User experience design, interaction design, communication design or similar.
- You have a solid experience with Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, and Flinto.
- You have a deep understanding of UX research, design principles, and methodologies.
- Ideally, you have experience with building web shops, booking engines or other digital ecommerce products.
- You have understanding about frontend development techniques for web and native.
- You know scrum process and methods like design thinking or design sprint.
- To pitch and validate long term design strategies with your peers, you have strong communication and presentation skills.
- You work autonomously and are able to motivate yourself and your colleagues to strive for the best user experience.
- You have an online portfolio or a PDF file. Please send it with your application. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
For the moment we don't partner with recruitment agencies, executive search & outsourcing companies, we are doing our recruitment exclusively in-house. All candidates' profiles that will be sent directly to us or to our career portal by external providers will be considered direct applications.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year
- With your discounted company public transport ticket, you arrive relaxed at work
- Discover our company partners (Unitymedia, Urban Sports, health insurance …)
- Enjoy your lunch and pay less with Lunchit.
We believe in the power of proof, be empowered
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in complex projects with a lot of personal responsibility
- Drive your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Leader as well as cross functional knowledge sharing with your colleagues
- Every year you will get a training budget for meet-ups, conferences, trainings
- Improve your language skills through our online and onsite courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen
- Feel at home in our international team and take part in our events
- Participate directly in the growth of our company as well as the creation of our product used by millions of passengers
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you
- Our hybrid working model gives you the opportunity to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home