Data Engineer - BI (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply now as Data Engineer - BI (f/m/diverse) and take the responsibility to develop, construct, test, and maintain the complete architecture to ensure data accuracy and flexibility.
Data engineering is your passion and you love to make sure that data can be turned into a valuable asset? Become our key person to build robust data pipelines that underpin our activities to gain deep analytical insights. You have an engineering mindset and apply software development principles to your work - pair programming, code reviews, as well as a high test coverage is your standard way of working. You love to work in agile teams and deliver in short iterations valuable increments.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing data models, metrics, reports, analyses, etc. with a variety of big data and business intelligence technologies to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation through our modern cloud stack
- You work closely with our Data Analysts to support them to optimize our customers' processes
- You own your codes and models, decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale ETL processes
- Interface with business customers, gather requirements, and deliver complete reporting solution
- You are the first point of contact for the business analysts for error analysis and troubleshooting
Our Tech Stack: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, R, Python, Scala, Azure Cloud
- Hands-on experience of data modeling and analysis concepts (Conceptual, Logical, Physical) using proven techniques and modern tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL, cloud platforms, (un)structured data, and programming experience with Scala or Python, advanced calculations using proprietary calculation languages such as MDX, DAX
- Experience with business intelligence and analytics tools such as Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSAS, Power BI, Azure Synapse SQL)
- Experience in building data models and pipelines as well as strong experience in developing and launching ETL pipelines to transfer data
- Experience with data visualization tools using Power BI
- Experience in handling structured and unstructured data from different sources
- Competent sparring partner for business partners, data scientists, data modelers, and tooling experts
- Understanding of distributed systems, software development, and agile development
- Expertise in ETL/ELT Architecture and process designing
- Experience in implementation and performance tuning of appings/jobs/transformations
- You love to work with multiple teams in high visibility roles and own end-to-end data solutions
- You love to define and manage overall schedules and availability of all data sets
- You like to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- University Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark Hive, or distributed data processing
- Experience deploying and making available machine learning pipelines via APIs to live systems
- Experience working in Azure Cloud environment
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with data pipeline orchestration tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!