Portfolio & Business Development Manager (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
Do you share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high-performing team? Apply as "Portfolio & Business Development Manager (f/m/diverse)" and be in charge of developing business and portfolio related strategies for Eurowings.
As "Portfolio & Business Development Manager (f/m/diverse)" it is your mission to develop business and portfolio-related strategies for Eurowings. You will ensure that the most value-driving category initiatives are moved forward by supporting the Category & Product Managers to deliver high-quality business concepts based on profound business cases & research.
- You use your deep understanding and close sync with the Eurowings Digital/Eurowings overall strategy to ensure alignment with the category strategies
- You have a close eye on customers, markets, and trends, and actively seek to extend our knowledge base with adequate measures to ensure customer-centric, fact-based decisions
- You always think big and challenge both the status quo and new ideas to ensure the maximum impact of planned actions
- You support in translating business proposals into reasoned, attractive storylines that are easy to follow, and convinces the audience to follow the proposals
- You coach the business with your analytical mindset, which enables you to challenge and improve business cases. You trigger deep-dive discussions by asking the right questions.
- With high attention to detail, and a well-structured working style you manage company-wide programs with regards to product portfolio development
- You closely monitor project performances and generate learnings to improve the planning process of future topics
- You facilitate team meetings & ceremonies (onsite/remote) and provide structure while strengthening team ownership (i.e. helping the team to own their ceremonies)
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in portfolio/business development and/or category management in an agile environment.
- You are capable to strategically identify and understand business-relevant issues, problems, and opportunities for the Eurowings portfolio
- You combine industry and E-Commerce knowledge, which enables you to comfortably move in both worlds and to identify levers in both areas
- You know where to focus the organization’s finite resources to meet strategic objectives, considering the business as a portfolio of activities
- You know how to move between the corporate and agile world
- You hold an agile mindset and coach your team to fit into the entire agile organization
- You can identify and define problems connected with the team/company configuration and involve other stakeholders to resolve
- You are an enthusiast for eCommerce and aviation and you enjoy following the latest market trends
- You have an entrepreneurial, analytical, data-driven, creative, and solution-oriented way of thinking. Moreover, you are very good at decision-making
- Your strong communication skills and team player mindset help you to manage different stakeholders within the organization
- You are experienced in managing complex projects, ideally in an eCommerce or other technical context
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #DoIt : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!