SOC Analyst (f/m/diverse)
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Applied as SOC Analyst (f/m/diverse) and join our team!
As SOC analyst you are a key player in revealing security threats in our infrastructure. You deliver value with security monitoring, analysing anomalies in networking and endpoint logs, always aiming to secure our customers and business data while achieving our company goals. Therefore, you value innovation, transparency, quality, and pragmatic solutions.
- You establish a security mindset and strategy in our infrastructure teams and integrate it into our DevSecOps processes for secure IT operations
- You create guidelines, playbooks, and concepts to prevent/defend against potential threats
- You are responsible of reviewing security monitoring in our applications and the corresponding infrastructure
- You identify and define problems connected to our product, generate a range of possible actions, and know when to loop in the necessary stakeholders
- You always challenge your solutions against good practices in the community
- You ideally studied in IT security, (business) computer science and have at least 5 years of experience with 2 years working as a SOC Analyst or similar security roles
- You know about current IT challenges and can leverage threat modelling and frameworks like MITRE ATT&ACK
- You are experienced with SIEM and analysis tools like Splunk, QRadar and Security Onion
- Experience in working with at least two of the following environments: Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS
- You have experience with cloud security monitoring
- You have basic scripting skills in at least Bash and Python
- You can do basic log analysis with Bash, Zeek and Rita
- You are able to implement pragmatic solutions and iterate if necessary, always finding a balance between creating business value and keeping sight of stability and longer-term quality
- You have a good understanding of our customers and know how to develop solutions accordingly
- You are actively helping and hearing others as well as communicating openly and clearly to get messages across
- Certificates like ECSA, CHFI, GMON or GSOC are nice to have, but actual experience and willingness to learn are equally important
- You are fluent (written and spoken) in English and your German level allows you to follow technical conversations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #DoIt : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!