Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Applied as SRE (f/m/diverse) and join our team!
As a Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/diverse), you love performant and smooth-running systems. You are a key player in scalable and adaptable environments, applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to work at a high-quality standard to delight our customers and achieve our business goals.
- You design, build, maintain and optimize core infrastructure pieces that allow our system scaling to support concurrent users also in peaks
- Together with the squads you plan the growth and cost efficiency of our on premise and cloud infrastructure
- You establish a performance & operations mindset and create good practices. Therefore, you advise product owners, developers, and solution architects on operational practices on user stories and product
- Together with our IT partners you synchronize feasibility and priority
- You create monitoring and alerting alert on actionable symptoms
- You are the first entry point for incident handling in our productive systems. You qualify them, agree on their priority, and create post-mortems
- You support and define with the organization on operation service level such as service level objects (SLOs)
- You have a computer engineering/science degree and at least 5 years of related technical experience e.g network, security or similar
- You have an extensive experience with modern tools & cloud infrastructure particularly with Azure
- You are able to carefully analyse different possible courses of action and select the best solution for implementation while looping in the relevant stakeholders
- You know how to prioritize problems according to criticality and risk
- You explore and think outside the happy path, therefore you are used to challenge your solutions against good practices in the community
- You have the ability to communicate objectively and clearly a critical outcome to the teams and stakeholders
- You know how to influence team members, encourage them, and keep a team spirit even in stressful times
- You already worked with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!