Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/diverse) - Hybrid
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Apply as a Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/diverse) and join our team!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/diverse), you love performant and smooth-running systems. You are a key player in scalable and adaptable environments, applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to work at a high-quality standard to delight our customers and achieve our business goals. If you love cloud-native technologies, continuous experimentation, and learning, this is the job for you.
- Design, implement and maintain our cloud infrastructure and tools on Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts to streamline our development process and improve our software delivery pipeline.
- Apply company policies to sub-organizations.
- Collaborate with Developers and other stakeholders to design cloud-native solutions.
- Help establish a performance and operations mindset in our squads and beyond.
- Be part of the on-call duty team to provide support during incidents.
- Mentor junior team members and developers of different teams and technical backgrounds.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in DevOps engineering or related field
- You have a genuine interest in DevOps topics/concepts (test automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code preferred Terraform, etc.).
- You know how to setup and maintain an Azure access/identity management system on a company level.
- You think cloud native and can explain how it differs from on-premises.
- You have experience with modern tools and cloud infrastructure, preferably with Azure.
- You can carefully analyze different possible courses of action and select the best solution for implementation while looping in the relevant stakeholders.
- You know how to prioritize problems according to criticality and risk.
- You explore and think outside the happy path, therefore, you are used to challenging your solutions against good practices in the community.
You have deeper knowledge of one of the following topics:
- MSSQL Database, Managed SQL instance, Azure SQL
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Network setup
- Hardening of Linux and Windows servers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Zalando, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With "Joblunch" from Belonio, Eurowings Digital finances up to 2 EUR of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- We love dogs! Feels free to bring your doggo to the office :) They can "work" from our separate dog office
- Get excited and challenge your colleagues while playing with our Playstation 5 or kickertable
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!