Head of UX/UI (m/f/d) Hybrid
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
We are dreamers doers, and enthusiasts. Digital travel experiences are in our DNA. Our mission is to offer our customers a seamless travel experience. Therefore, we are continuously working hard to create the digital travel companion of the future which will support and empower our customers with relevant information and smart services throughout their entire trip.
Here at Eurowings Digital we are 100% Agile, 100% Customer Centric and 100% Digital.
If you would like to seize this rare opportunity to lead a Data - driven, creative, and high performing team that’s continuously striving to perfect a positive user experience in the world of travel? Come, join Eurowings Digital as Head of UX/UI where over 40 million annual customers worldwide in more than 50 countries will experience the impact of your team’s work….!
As Head of UX/UI you will be responsible for growing and organizing a decentralised design team, while striving for coherence and collaboration across teams, so that our designers feel and become connected. You will also be mentoring our designers to question the status quo of our initiatives and digital products to furtherfoster a work culture in where experimentation, prototyping and exceptional designs can take place. Additionally, given this role is part of the leadership team, you will also be responsible for the evolution of our digital user interface (web/app) towards our customers representing our vision to all internal and external stakeholder.
- Understand and influence the overall business strategy of EW Digital
- Re-define the overall UX/UI/UXR mission, vision, strategy + alignment on tasks and roadmaps
- Translation/enhancement of our overall brand and CI/CD, addressing the needs of our customers and business for our digital channels
- Be responsible for overall team growth and health, creating a culture of design excellence, which grows with the company
- Advocate user-centric thinking to technically sophisticated problems and complex aviation topics within the company
- Represent the design team and advocate design matters in the leadership rounds and to external stakeholders
- Actively participate in company's objectives and key results to help shape and guide initiatives throughout an end to end customer-centric design process
- Foster a data-driven work culture and enable the team to create and use frameworks to measure the effectiveness of their design decisions
- The Design budget and tooling lays in your responsibility
- Coaching across teams to further improve + sharpen handovers between Design, PO, Service Design, UX research and brand managers.
- Proven people management experience, ideally with designers in a fast-paced product development environment
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to give clear direction and constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
- Ability to effectively mentor others to deliver and bring strategies to life
- Trusted and recognised UX & UI leader with a strong record of consistently demonstrating credibility in all interactions
- Passionate about developing not just great products but awesome people as well.
Please apply with the English version of your CV and/or Cover letter.
To learn more about us and the amazing journey we are on please visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!