API Developer (f/m/diverse) - Hybrid
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
You share our passion for the world of travel and want to be part of a driven and high performing team? Join Eurowings Digital as API Developer (f/m/diverse) and take responsibility in the development of our platform!
As API Developer (f/m/diverse) you are a key player in delivering value with software, delighting our customers and achieving our business goals. Valuing innovation, transparency, quality and pragmatic solutions, you are proud of your work and see it as part of the collaborative achievement to which you contribute.
- You work with the respective agile squad team to develop modern API interfaces.
- You inspect and evaluate product quality through iterations.
- You do a careful analysis of the different possible courses of action and then select the best solution for implementation.
- You advise developers and designers on quality practices for user stories and products.
- You understand user stories and have the ability to split stories into subtasks.
- You determine whether the final product is acceptable based on stakeholder requirements.
- You support and define quality criteria with the team.
- You present outcomes, results, and learnings to the company/stakeholders.
- You are an expert at developing REST, JSON, and SOAP APIs.
- You have extensive experience in Microsoft ASP.NET, C# .NET, .NET Core, and Web API 2 frameworks.
- You are familiar with Microsoft IIS basics.
- You’ve already worked with test automation of APIs and test-driven development.
- You have prior knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and SQL, no SQL data stores.
- You have deep knowledge of caching strategies and application performance optimization.
- The state-of-the-art OWASP security standards and data privacy topics are not unfamiliar to you.
- You are fluent in English and have a good level of German.
Nice to have:
- You have experience with API documentation standards like Open API and Swagger.
- You are familiar with the Microsoft Azure tool chain and Cloud infrastructure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- With the JobTicket you can use public transports for a minimum amount of money in Cologne´s region
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Urban Sports, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With Lunchit, Eurowings Digital finances 2 euros of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online and onsite courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- Four partners (HR Manager, Team Lead, Mentor, Buddy) will support and guide you in your first weeks. Additionally, you start your journey with our Welcome Days where you get all key information about our company
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!