Security Engineer (f/m/diverse) - Hybrid
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
We are dreamers, doers, and hackers. Digital travel experiences are in our DNA. Our mission is to offer our customers a seamless travel experience. Therefore, we are continuously working hard to create the digital travel topics, which will support and empower our customers with relevant information and smart services throughout their entire trip.
Here at Eurowings Digital we are Agile, Customer Centric and Digital….!
As a cyber security engineer your main responsibility is keeping our Eurowings eCommerce platform secure. This may involve implementing and testing new security features, troubleshooting, and responding to security incidents.
- Create, develop, and improve our security solutions and services in the area of Cyber Security, with a security-by-design mindset
- Advance security automation like deploying of standardized and automated security workflows
- Supporting Solution Architects with secure architecture principles and consulting
- Support teams and projects in the public cloud (Azure)
- Conducting risk assessments and threat modeling for applications and cloud infrastructure. (DREAD & STRIDE)
- Developing technical solutions to security vulnerabilities
- Responding to security incidents
- Collaboratively work with multiple Cybersecurity teams to ensure consistent operational excellence
- Helping to maintain a security culture in our company through various activities and initiatives that further improve the principles of "Security by Design" and "Privacy by Default"
- Educating staff on security best practices.
- Hands-on experience with IT Security, covering the prevention, detection and response practices for security incidents
- Experience in securing Cloud technologies, DevOps/DevSecOps and Automation
- Experience with threat modeling and penetration testing
- Familiar with Azure and approaches to security in the cloud
- Experience with application security reviews
- Solid application security foundamentals
- Proven ability to be resilient, organized, reliable and resourceful in problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Please apply with the English version of your CV and/or Cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Zalando, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With "Joblunch" from Belonio, Eurowings Digital finances up to 2 EUR of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- We love dogs! Feels free to bring your doggo to the office :) They can "work" from our separate dog office
- Get excited and challenge your colleagues while playing with our Playstation 5 or kickertable
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!