Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/diverse) - Hybrid
Why only watch when you can be part of it? Europe’s smartest travel platform does not develop by itself.
In order to achieve our high ambitious goals, we are looking for clever minds, trouble-shooter, implementers and communication talents. With more than 40 million annual customers worldwide, Eurowings is one of the leading airlines in the European market. Eurowings Digital is a subsidiary of Eurowings Aviation and transforms the Eurowings brand from an airline to a holistic, digital travel companion for the entire travel chain.
We are dreamers, doers, and enthusiasts. Digital travel experiences are in our DNA. Our mission is to offer our customers a seamless travel experience. Therefore, we are continuously working hard to create the digital travel topics, which will support and empower our customers with relevant information and smart services throughout their entire trip.
Here at Eurowings Digital we are Agile, Customer Centric and Digital….!
As an SRE, you will be responsible for keeping all user-facing services such as our Eurowings booking platform/marketplace systems running smoothly by ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly, and that systems and tools are working as expected. You’ll also be a key contributor in our scalable and adaptable environments by applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation.
- Improving the reliability, stability, and efficiency of our systems
- Developing automation tools for system health, availability, capacity, and performance
- Debugging intricate production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to influence design for reliability, scalability, and performance
- Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the reliability and uptime of our systems
- Participate in incident retrospectives to drive improvements to prevent reoccurrences.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and making prudent and timely technical risk decisions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skill in a cross-functional role
- You have handled multiple on call shifts, and have navigated more than one incident through to the retrospective process
- You are resilient, organized, reliable and resourceful in problem-solving
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a deep understanding of network protocols and database operations
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience in a Site Reliability Engineering role or similar software engineering role
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with monitoring tools and systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
Please apply with the English version of your CV and/or Cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Company.
Eurowings Digital Benefits
We value your performance and offer you plenty of advantages 🎊
- Fly with friends and family around the world by using the entire Lufthansa and partner network
- Discover the world within 30 vacation days a year + two days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve
- Get discounts across a large range of brands (e.g. Telekom, Zalando, Apple, Sixt, Bosch…)
- With "Joblunch" from Belonio, Eurowings Digital finances up to 2 EUR of your lunch on working days!
Drive your career growth 🎓
- Evolve professionally in our agile environment by taking part in challenging projects with cutting edge technologies and a lot of personal responsibility
- Shape your career growth through regular discussions with your Team Lead and 360° feedbacks from your colleagues
- Work in a cross functional team where you gain/share knowledge every day and on regular talks like “Peer School” or “Ask the Expert”
- Every year you will get a training budget for meetups, conferences, trainings, coaching
- You can improve your (German) language skills through our online courses
- With your Linkedin Learning account you access plenty of additional trainings and courses
We bring a unique environment, where we make it happen 🙌
- We love dogs! Feels free to bring your doggo to the office :) They can "work" from our separate dog office
- Get excited and challenge your colleagues while playing with our Playstation 5 or kickertable
- Participate directly in the creation of our product that helps millions of customers create amazing travel memories
- Feel at home in our (English speaking) international & diverse team
- Take part in our regular team events where we celebrate all together e.g. major successes, Carnival or the end of the year!
- Feel our unique atmosphere: a start-up spirit integrated in a big company
- With our trust-based working hours, you can start and finish at a time that suits you for a harmonized work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model gives you the flexibility to keep close connections with your teammates at our offices (e.g. through onsite events), while also having the possibility to work from home
- Relocation package and personalized support (e.g. for Visa or Work Permit) will be offered for you and your family if needed
- #Trust&Commitment #Customer #Data-Driven #Performance #Do-it : join us and live our values. This already resulted in specific actions like: Fuckup nights, guided tours at the airport or strategy sprints!